Monday, February 22, 2010

Skating!

I took the big kids skating for the first time this weekend, it was a blast! They did really well and loved it. The rink we went to offered lessons, so we took those first and then free skated for a while. The sounds of children splatting on the ground during lesson time was priceless. I even strapped on a pair, a bit overconfident because I was a skating queen back in the day. I didn't fall down but it definitely felt awkward.

Ahhh the skating rink, brings back good memories of skating at the rink in Belleville, scrambling to find a cute boy to skate with during the slow skates, not to mention shoot the duck and limbo (which I totally rocked)! But my time is now over, and now the children will skate on to Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. But they will not slow skate, until they are at least 20.


No comments: