Tuesday, May 12, 2009

27 Weeks!


This is an exciting week for us, Bern's last few days of school and we are preparing for our vacation later this week. Bella's packed her suitcase at least 4 different times in recent weeks, she is usually heavy on the underwear, shoes, and swimsuits. I guess that is what is most important for a getaway. I'm glad we decided to stick with a close-by location, as you can see I'm getting big and anything over the 4 hour drive would probably be uncomfortable. We really aren't brave enough to do super long drives with the kids anyway. The vacation would be absolutely perfect if Brian and I could get a day or 2 alone, maybe my good friend Erin might drive up (or down, geography is not my strong point) from Little Rock and watch my kids for me. She is a missionary with FamilyLife, after all, it could be a service project? Just kidding Erin!
On Sunday I was awoken to my 3 favorite people smiling and bearing gifts. Bern was a bit confused and kept telling me happy valentine's day. After the gift opening session Brian and the kiddos made me a very delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, eggs with bacon, and a fruit plate.
Later in the afternoon we got out the old home video's and watched the kid's grow up onscreen, it made us very excited for summer girl's arrival. I can't wait to have a baby in the house again, I didn't realize how much I missed it till I saw the images of Bern and Bella toddling around. The weeks seem to pass so quickly and I know that it will be August in no time!

3 comments:

ErinL said...

LOL! I'm reading that thinking "Wow, she has another friend named Erin!" Then I realized it was me :). The missionary with FamilyLife thing tipped me off! So where are you going? I couldn't tell if it was north or south of us based on your description! Oh and by the way, you are looking awfully cute these days. Can't wait to see you in person again. This summer for sure :).

Heather said...

Big Cedar baby, Branson here we come!

andi said...

Looking cute Mrs. Heather!!! Summer Girl will be here before you know it!