Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Under the Weather

Sorry about my lack of posts, I've been sick with a sinus infection and it's taking a toll. My dearly beloved came home from work to care for me today, which I sooo appreciate. I feel like I'm behind on everything and I have no energy to get caught up. Bern's school year is quickly winding down (next Friday), and we are leaving for vacation on same day. Last year we went to Big Cedar Lodge near Branson, and had a great time so we are going for a repeat this year. They have a lovely set-up there, lots of pools and nice accommodations. I think we are even going to venture into silver dollar city (poor man's Disneyland) which I haven't been since I was little so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Yesterday when I was picking Bern up from school his teacher let me know he had a good day till the end, in which he decided to spit on the floor. I wanted to tell her to hang on, she only had 9 more days left. When asked why he spit on the floor he told me that he had something icky in his mouth. Makes sense to me! I told him next time he might do better spitting in the trash can. I'm sure his teacher is going to miss him so much:)

Miss Bella is keeping busy with her imaginary friends and dance class. She also shares my love for ice cream so we have been splitting a lot of DQ blizzards lately. When I'm pregnant (and when I'm not) my two favorites are cookie dough and ice cream (calcium for baby), so I've been killing 2 birds with one stone with the cookie dough blizzard. Don't you worry about my weight though, I've been making up for it in the aqua aerobics class at the gym, along with a bunch of 80 year-olds. Yesterday Bella asked me if summer girl is ever going to get here, and I had a mild panic thinking, yes, she will be here before we know it. I'm ready and excited for her to get here, but have lots to do before she actually does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I had a sinus infection at the beginning of my pregnancy, no fun. But my neti pot was a life saver...gross but what relief!

Your BFF, BJ said...

You have to understand something Heather. Even though I don't have a ton of time to call, everyday at naptime at school, I have an hour to play around on the internet. It's when I catch up on reading your blog and if you don't post, I'm stuck staring off into space! Give me reading material EACH day!
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Feel better quickly, Mother's Day is coming and although I'll still be in California with my THIRD daughter Stacy, I want you to have a great day on Sunday!
Happy Mother's Day!
Love Mom