Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Cutie

Our Christmas Angel

It's hard to believe that last year we were just finding out the we were expecting her, and it felt great to hang up 5 stockings this year. Our family feels complete to me now. One of my friends was saying that it's hard to be "done" having babies, because your identity is "mom to small children" for so long, and suddenly those children grow up a bit. I love having a baby in the house, but it is a challenge to really be there for each child and I think that any more than 3 (for us) would be difficult.

I've started the holiday baking and am already sugared out. I really want to start a weight loss program, but it seems so futile this time of year. The older kids are so excited, we are counting down the days on their (chocolate) advent calendars, courtesy of Aunt Phyllis.

Elfie is also back , keeping a watchful eye on the children's behavior. Yesterday Bella was being a bit snotty and I told her Elfie was watching, she later proclaimed she didn't want to "do" Christmas anymore because she was tired of Elfie telling Santa about her naughtiness. I wonder if she realizes that maybe she could just be good, and still get the presents?

3 comments:

Katie said...

It is neat to get a little glimpse into where we will be this time next year! That little girl is just too stinkin' cute for her own good!

Anonymous said...

I think Elfie looks scarey...
Elizabeth

Kimberly said...

That is hilarious that Bella is sick of Elfie telling on her and that she'd rather cancel Christmas than behave. Who woulda thought it'd be sweet, little Bella thinking that way? Not me.

Can't wait to see you all over Christmas!

P.S. Cute Christmas card (even though three family members were missing)!