Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Elf on the Shelf

The kids received an elf on the shelf from my aunt this week, if you haven't heard of it yet it's a elf that comes with a book and explains that it watches the children everyday, then visits the north pole at night while they are sleeping and gives behavior reports to Santa. It shows up in a new spot every morning, and the kids are not allowed to touch it because it will lose it's magic. Our elf is named Elfie, and the kids love him so far. The first night was magic, Bern was very conscious of his behavior and once when he slipped up he ran to Elfie to tell him that he was sorry.
The next day, though, the children were both in the naughty zone and no threats of Elfie telling Santa would do the trick. Allow me to present naughtiness exhibit A:





Naughtiness exhibit B can be found by looking at my gingerbread house pictures, then imagining them with a lot less icing and candy.
P.S.
Don't you love my mauve counter tops in the bathroom?


4 comments:

ErinL said...

I have to tell you, that elf freaks me out! Looks like something from a horror movie I saw as a teenager! I think I'd rather not get presents :)!

Kelly said...

We have an elfie too! However I didn't know about the elf on the shelf until this season. We started it with our own "Elfie". I would love to have the book!

I'll tell you later Betty

Anonymous said...

I never heard of that tradition, but it's great! And I love that you keep that camera so close, your pictures are priceless.

Anonymous said...

They have these kits at Borders right now. I think I'll try to get one right after Christmas so I can have one when Cam gets older.