Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Homemade Presents


I started a tradition of tinned Christmas treats a couple years ago, mostly for Bern's teachers, but it has morphed into a bit more every year. It's a way for me to give a gift to a neighbor who lets our dog out, loved ones and relatives I can't afford gifts for (there are too many of them), and friends that need a pick me up. This year's tin includes macadamia nut/white chocolate, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter fudge, sugar, and shortbread with icing. Usually I make a batch a day till I have enough, freezing as I go, then I raid Michael's for tins and get busy. The children will not be getting dinner tonight, for I am tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take some chocolate chocolate chips please!!! They are my favorite and everytime I try to make them they never taste as good as yours! : (

Too Soon To Tell said...

I guess I got the pick me up tin, and even though it held ONLY the very delcious chocolate chip cookies, they worked. Consider me officially "Picked up".

Heather said...

Sorry Jannette, I hadn't made the other batches yet, next time.