Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Tale of 2 Snow Globes

What happens when you allow a 3 year old to play with 2 snow globes, snow globes which are made up of glass, water and glitter (lots and lots of glitter) on hardwood floors? Allow me to mention that the hardwood floors are freshly vacuumed, and that one of the globes was to be an heirloom, as it was given to me by my future husband at the tender age of 16. Or was it 17? Let's just say sometime in the teen years.

Snow globe #1 broke first, and you would have thought that I would have had the good sense to take away snow globe #2, but alas, I did not. I mopped up the mess, vacuumed the shards, and dried up the tears of a very heartbroken little lady. A little lady who said "I'm sorry I bwoke your snow gwobe, Mommy." I let her keep the second one just to make her feel better, then ten minutes later I hear another crash, and instant wailing. Awesome. We will be glittering until at least February.

No comments: