Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel.


We went back to the doctor's office today, and saw a different nurse practitioner than last week (who was much more helpful and informative). I'm still at a 3, in her opinion summer girl's head is still a bit high up (even though it feels like she is on my bladder to me) and that's why I've not made much progress in the last few weeks. She said when the head is pressing down on the cervix it keeps moving along. She did a membrane sweep, in an attempt to get things going again, and baby had a non-stress test to make sure she is still doing well.

I'm scheduled to see the doctor on Friday, and should be heading to the hospital for an induction after that, assuming the hospital is not overbooked. We are going to try to keep the induction as "naturally friendly" as possible, so hopefully once my body starts having regular, strong contractions they can take me off the pitocin and see if my body will keep it up. We're still hoping to have a spontaneous labor before then, but it's nice to know there is an end in sight. We are not making this decision lightly as I really don't want to be induced, but by Friday will be 9 days overdue (they usually don't recommend going over 14 days because the placenta starts to break down), and there is a bit of concern about how big the baby is (Bern was almost 9 lbs at term and Bella was 8lbs).

We have been spending the last few weekends doing lots of fun things for the kids , because soon their world will come crashing down around them:) This weekend we let them do the trampoline thing at the mall, so cute. Bella was so light she barely touched the trampoline on the way down, so the worker would grab her feet and pull her down so she would bounce higher.

I have been out to eat like every other day (thanks Brian, thanks Grammy) because yummy food keeps me from going crazy. On a final note, should we start calling summer girl fall girl?







6 comments:

ErinL said...

I almost made a comment on Facebook about calling her Fall Girl but I was afraid you'd never speak to me again :). We'll be praying for labor before Friday!!!

Jenn said...

I think you should go back to the mall trampoline, strap yourself into the harnesses, and bounce that girl out. Surely gravity on the way down each time would help her drop!!!

All kidding aside, read James 1 for some perseverance encouragement. :-)

Jaime Sue said...

Hang in there... We're still praying for you and yours :) Now I can be more specific... Lord, help that baby girl get her head down and out safely and soon AMEN!

KJCL Wilson Family said...

Can't call her Fall Girl - Fall doesn't officially start until Sept. 20-something! We will be praying for you!! You are in the hands of God!!!

Monica said...

I keep on checking on you, can't wait to hear that summer girl has arrived. I went two days overdue and they gave me the smallest amount of pitocen they give and that is all I needed, I hope the same is true for you. Good luck, we are thinking about you.

Emily Feldman said...

Good luck with everything Heather!! Joe and I will be thinking about you guys!