Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Poor Car

Yesterday morning Bella and I were in a nasty car accident. Luckily, other than being sore and a little bruised, we are fine. I feel so grateful so have had God's protection during the crash! I was going straight through a green light at a busy intersection, and the other driver failed to yield (she said she didn't see us) and although I saw her, it was impossible to avoid at the speeds we were driving and with the other cars around us. I veered to the right and hit the breaks, she slammed into the back of the van, and the van spun out and smashed into a curb.




It was very loud and scary, Bella was really freaked out and crying. The other woman had a young girl in her car and she was scared but OK as well. Some witnesses stopped to make sure no one was hurt, and a police officer was there in minutes. My good friend Elizabeth came and got Bella for me, and Brian was there shortly too. My mind felt so shaky and it was so hard to answer any questions! All in all, everything good that could have happened did. Bella even managed to snag a teddy bear from the police officer who was trying to cheer her up.




As you can imagine, Bernard was fascinated by the news. He begged Brian to take him to see our smashed van, and had a gazillion questions. He also told anyone with an ear about the accident, describing it in great detail and with hand motions, even though everything he heard was second hand! He is such a boy!




Bella with her new bear, whom she named Reedough.

2 comments:

ErinL said...

I'm so glad you're both OK! Larry's parents own an auto body shop so let us know if there is any way we can help.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing okay... and it was very sweet of the police officer to give Bella a bear.