Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update: My Poor Car and a Prayer Request








So I drove over to the tow lot to get some things that I left in my car today, and the car didn't look quite as bad as I remember. My dad told me to go and see if it looks even better tomorrow! We were unsure of an auto body to take it to, and my friend Erin reminded me that her in-laws own a shop, so that's a huge relief to take it to a shop we trust. I spent most of the day on the phone with insurance companies, rental companies, etc. but again was just so grateful that we weren't stuck in a hospital hurt.


Speaking of being stuck in a hospital, my friend Amy's mom has been in failing health and in a hospital since May. Amy also has a toddler and a newborn, and actually delivered the baby a few floors down as her mom lay in surgery above her. Needless to say, their family has been on a emotional roller coaster over these last few months, and are in need of prayer. Please join me in lifting up Amy's mom and family. If you would like to read more about her story, you can check it out at www.caringbridge.org/visit/judylablance


On a lighter note, despite asking for a minivan the rental agency gave me a bus. I actually had to rearrange the garage so that it would fit! Also, I cannot reach back and smack the kids when they are naughty like I used to (kidding). Hopefully we have our car back soon!

No comments: