Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reno Baby, Reno





If you live in the mountains, you must own a puffy vest, it is a unspoken rule. Luckily, Jill had 2 so I was not a social outcast.



The fabulous 4 before a night on the town.

Quinn getting a little handsy with Betty Boop.



This is probably the closest Brian and I will ever get to riding a ski lift.

We're baack! We had a most excellent time, it always a good sign of things to come when your shuttle pulls up to the hotel and there is a mall across the street. The marriage conference was amazing, I highly recommend going to one if you ever get a chance, it is a great way to get a marriage tune-up.


Jill and Dean picked us up Sunday and took us to their swanky house in the mountains of Reno, where we lounged, played with their toddler Quinn, and ate. We visited some cute mountain towns, saw Lake Tahoe (beautiful), and ate some more. I also tried my hand at a slot machine and lost $15 in less than 5 minutes, luck was not my friend. If you know Jill and Dean, visit them, they are always great hostesses. Even if you don't know them, just mention my name and I'm sure they'll be glad to have you. They don't even mind if you try for a baby while residing in their guest room:-)


Our kids greeted/clobbered us at the airport, which was a lovely way to be welcomed back. Now the challenge is to get back on track after the time change/time zone differences. I might be just a tad cranky tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the title of this post have a "hidden meaning?" hahaha

Hayli S said...

Glad you had a great time! I was missing your blog!