Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I hope that all of you had a great New Year's, and that 2009 brings many blessings to your family. We rung in the New Year by watching Horton Hears a Who while eating nachos on the couch (huge treat to eat dinner in front of the TV). Then we went to bed early, but were awakened by the fireworks at midnight. Side note: I despise fireworks, unless they are being set off by professionals. I hate, hate, hate when they are being set off by my neighbor's 13 year-old son, at ridiculous hours of the night. It makes me a wee bit crabby. I had a whole post written in my head about my hatred of fireworks, but toned it down a bit as to not turn off any of my beloved readers who might actually enjoy fireworks being set off 5 feet from their house.

Anyway, it was a very relaxing evening/day, my dear husband even vacuumed the house for me, plus I snoozed for 2 hours. If the roles were reversed, and Brian was the pregnant one, I don't think I would be quite so good to him. I think I'd use a bit of tough love, and be more like "Your laying down AGAIN? Seriously, get up and get something done lazybones"! Or something like that. Luckily he is much nicer than me.

I'm excited to see what this year will bring for my family. Bernie will be starting kindergarten full time, Bella will be starting preschool part-time, and someone special will be arriving in August. My resolution this year is to lose some weight (ha ha, just kidding), the real resolution is to be a more patient mommy, to yell less and to play more. I'll keep you updated on how I'm doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the fireworks. What's the point? The stuff you can buy are nothing like what the professionals shoot off.

Glad you had a great New Years!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the fireworks too! Every year they wake me up and I am so mad and thinking I want to call the police : ) Luckly this year in Texas they are not so crazy...we had a peaceful nights sleep thru the New Year in a quiet neighborhood! People in Missouri need a life...we used to bang pots and pans when I was little....what losers! Ha ha ha!
P.S. I think you deserve at least a 2 hour nap a day, you are sleeping for 2 right?

Anonymous said...

I'm not such an angel, those words have gone through my mind. I've been through this pregnancy thing before though and know better then to say anything to a pregnant woman. Guys out there - mouth closed, head down (I know there aren't really any guys out there actually).