Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Missing the Princess

My girl has been gone since Sunday, she is at Disney World with her Grammy. My mom takes the kids on little trips by themselves, Bern got to go when he was 3, and last year went to Washington DC. We miss her lots, but she is having a blast. Apparently she has ridden the it's a small world ride 566 times. She calls it the dolly ride.

In order to get some extra bonding time in with Bernard, and to keep him from getting too sad about not getting to go on the trip, we have had activities planned everyday. On Sunday we took him swimming at the Rec Plex after church, and Monday was lunch and Chuck E Cheese's after school. Yesterday we (I use the term we very loosely) bounced around at Monkey Joe's. Then he got to help Daddy shovel the driveway (not fun when you are an adult, but a blast when you are 5) but Brian said all Bern did was throw snowballs at him. They came in all rosy and cold, so I whipped up some hot chocolate. I think today is going to be spent playing in the snow, and then I'm going to hope that school is back in session tomorrow.

On a happy note, I am feeling much better! The nausea is gone, and the sleepiness is starting to lift. I can now become a productive member of society again...at least until the 3rd trimester!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
elizabeth

Hayli S said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you're feeling better. Right on schedule with week 12, huh?

Jaime Sue said...

Jason and I were just talking about how my tiredness should lift for the 2nd trimester and then the 3rd would be back to sleepy head and being tired.... but then he said that I was actually pooped the whole time with the other kids, but it had a good end result so it's not too bad....
I am glad you are doing well! Hopefully, I will blog about my pregnancy on Friday... our last doctor visit didn't go well, I was too early to see anything on ultrasound and it freaked me out a little because with all my other pregnancies we always at least saw the little circle- as I like to call it- where the baby will grow), so I didn't want to share the news with everyone just yet....