Tuesday, October 7, 2008

31 Reasons Why I Love Brian


1. He lets me sleep in a bit everyday and takes care of the kids till I wake up.


2. When he reads the children bedtime stories, he changes voices for all the characters.


3. He only shops once a year, but still manages to dress nicely.


4. He usually turns a blind eye when I shop way more than once a year, because knows it's important to me to have cute clothes.


5. He has loved me for a long time, even when I wasn't very lovable.


6. He cried when I was in pain during childbirth, because he felt terrible he couldn't do anything about it.


7. He comes home from a long day at work, happily and takes on parental duties without complaining.


8. He enjoys going out to a good restaurant with me and trying new culinary treats.


9. He lets me order red wine when he prefers white.


10. He rarely requests a certain meal, just happily chows down whatever I make.


11. He is neat and orderly, I never have to pick up after him.


12. He taught me how to be neat and orderly, and when we were first married he usually did the laundry, helped me clean, and picked up after me.


13. He doesn't freak out when one of our children "releases" bodily fluids on him.


14. He lets me drive everywhere because I'm a control freak.


15. He tickles the kids and plays games with them while I'm driving.


16. He always has ideas about how things could be better, and actually implements them.


17. He stays patient with the kids long after I've lost it.


18. He knows when I'm losing it and steps in to rescue me.


19. He makes adorable videos of the kids, we would have no footage of them if it wasn't for him.


20. He was wrapped around Bella's little finger from the second she was born.


21. He doesn't mind having Bernard trail him all day long, even though it slows him down.


22. He makes the bed tight and perfect every single night.


23. He tries really hard to be quiet in the mornings so as to not wake everyone else up.


24. He has a heart for God, and prayerfully leads our family in His ways.


25. He doesn't complain about driving an old, broken into a thousand times, payed for car.


26. He is very unselfish when it comes to his time, he only gets a little time alone each night to himself but doesn't complain.


27. He took care of me in high school when my parent's were divorcing.


28. He is passing on his love of music to our children by singing to them and exposing them to different genres.


29. He is willing to consider a third child now, even though he would rather wait.


30. He acts like I'm attractive no matter what I weigh or how I look.


31. He is kind, gentle, mature, and so easy to love.



Happy birthday Brian, you are such a great husband and father. I'm so glad you chose me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Brian! You are a great match for Heather, father to Bern and Bella and a wonderful and caring friend!!! Hope you have a great birthday!! The Hembrees
We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

O.k., now this is the best birthday ever.

ErinL said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I thought about doing the same for Larry but so many of them would be the same as yours. Especially the one about letting me sleep in late! If you asked him though he'd probably tell you that he is doing it more for himself than for me. It's not pretty when you wake me up too early :)!